Sunday, May 5, 2013




4/22/13 April 22nd Elder David Gurr Honduras
Dear Family,

A lot has happened here these last three weeks.  I have a new companion.  I also was moved to a new area.  Now I am in a place called Quezada.  There are more things here in this area.  There are a lot of people selling things on the street.  My new companion´s name is Elder Halversen.  He has been on his mission for about a year.  He is from Seattle Washington.  

This week has gone by fast so things are interesting.  They say once you leave you first area time goes by fast and it has. I am seeing the gift of tongues working now.  I have more faith in speaking the language.  Elder Halversen is helping me a lot and is a very good teacher to me.  I have learned a lot. We have two baptisms scheduled this week and more next week. There are not as many hills and stairs here so walking is way easier.  There are a lot of nice people here and I am having so much fun here.  

The area is fun but the lights go out a lot here which means we can’t teach lessons.  The lights went out two days this week.  Today while I was writing the power went out.  La luz se fue. (The lights went out.)  That is how they say it here.

I can’t believe that it’s almost been about three months total in my mission and I realized that I might be home January 8, 2015 based on the changes every 6 weeks.  I can’t believe its April.  I love you all and send me questions.  I love answering.  How are things going at home?  I hear that a lot of things have happened at home. I hope everyone feels better and can receive the blessings that the Lord provides.  I love you all so much thanks for the support.  Stay strong my family.  I love you.  I love you mom.

Elder Gurr

No comments:

Post a Comment