Monday, July 15, 2013

06/03/13 June 3rd Elder David Gurr Honduras

Hello family,

How's it going? My week has been very interesting. I hope I have time to write all of it.

So this week I got a new companion. I am staying in the same area. My new companion is Elder Jamieson. He is a very hard worker and we had some very spiritual experiences these last four days.

Day one we went to go teach a family. They have been investigating for quite some time. They didn't have faith in tithing The wife asks questions but doesn't really listen to our answers. We taught them with my new companion. This was the first time that the man seemed interested. He might help his wife build a testimony.

On Sunday we went to go see another investigator. We have been teaching her on and off. The weirdest thing is she didn't seem interested when we met with her, but the spirit was so strong and I challenged her to baptism and she said she wanted to. I was shocked. She then told us she wanted to be baptized 5 years ago. We have been teaching her forever and my testimony has expounded so much it is crazy.

The same night after dinner at 8:00 pm the zone leaders said that he had a package for me. It was the package you sent. I received the filtered water bottles and the cards. Thanks for the package.

I have one more story, when we went to our lunch appointment and we got lost I was going the right way, but I felt like we were not so we walked around for awhile and then the spirit told me walk this way so we did. We found someone on the street who was interested to talking to the missionaries. He said he wants to go to the temple someday.

The spirit is incredible because the spirit told me where to find him. That was not by accident that was where we needed to be. I know my Savior lives!

Thanks for all the support. I love you all see you next week.

Elder David Gurr

No comments:

Post a Comment