Wednesday, September 18, 2013


9/16/2013 September 16th Elder Gurr

Hello Family,

On Monday I didn't write because I got my residency updated. It took all day and I ended up finishing late. Tuesday, I had to go with my companion to a leadership meeting.  We stayed at another missionary's house, then the next morning around 5:00 am we drove to the Temple.  It was about a 4-5 hours drive to get there.  I was able to sleep during the drive.  Attending the Honduras Temple was awesome because we got to visit the temple and feel the spirit inside.  We then ate a pizza at Little Caesars and food at Wendy's.  We got home about 9:00 pm so I didn't have time to write.

The next day we arrived back home and then the power went out.  All day there was no power on Thursday.  By Friday we had a zone leader with us.  We couldn't spend time writing so we taught one investigator and didn't do much else.

Our Saturday was OK, we taught a few lessons, but the best was on Sunday, yesterday.  It was awesome!  We left the house and went tracking and we were able to teach a bunch of people.  We found a group of 7 people and one of them was really interested.  She's Catholic which is the biggest religion in this country.  She wanted to know more about the church.  The spirit in that room was so strong.

Later we helped a family of 7 kids and a mom to teach the kids something while the mom could cook food for the kids.  I have photos this week.

Elder Gurr

No comments:

Post a Comment