Sunday, September 8, 2013


9/2/2013 September 2nd Elder Gurr

Hello Everyone,

This week has been very spiritual to me personally. I had the privilege to help the other new missionaries in my district.  They had been struggling with getting a baptism date confirmed for an investigator.  We went with the Sister Missionaries, Sister Kuhns and Sister Olacho to help and they were able to set a date for baptism for the investigator.  It was such a spiritual experience for all of us.  We all felt the spirit.  The spirit testified to her of the true church of God.  It was so powerful it's hard to describe the feeling I felt in that room.  It was interesting to see so much love the sisters had for this investigator.  It reminded me a lot of the sisters in the movie District 2.

We also worked on someone's papers to get them married and it took a lot of time and money but we were able to fix the problem.  There is joy that comes over me when I am able to help a family enter into the kingdom of God.  

We were able to eat at Burger King which was the first time in a while.  We don't have a Burger King and Little Caesar's Pizza near us.

The rest of the week we worked with the district to help them.  We all have trials but God gives trials to us so we can learn. My faith is tested every day.  It's not easy being a missionary but it is worth it.  The journey, the trials, the fun, and the memories.  I can't believe how much fun it is being here.  It's safer out here in Marcala and the people are so nice.  I am learning to humble myself to have the spirit with me always. Thanks for the support.

Elder Gurr

Haz lo Justo!
(Choose the Right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment