Sunday, May 18, 2014


2/03/14 February 3rd Elder Gurr

Hello family,

Como estan? How is everyone doing today? I can't believe the basketball hoop is gone. Well here is what happened this week. Well, Monday was my birthday and my companion surprised me with a cake he bought. It was awesome! Also that day we found a new guy.  He said that all the different religions are branches of the Catholic church. We are trying to help him understand that we are definitely not connected with the Catholic church. Hopefully they can understand. Tuesday was so funny we spent three hours trying to find this less active family and when we think we found them they immediately told us to go away. It usually doesn't happen but me and my companion were laughing.  


Wednesday, we provided service to the branch president and we painted a house. It was a lot of fun but I forgot my camera. Then my companion had to sign up for school. Yah he needs to sign up to go to school. He doesn't have much time left on his mission. Also I taught an English class to people who can only speak Spanish.  It was really hard to do that.  Thursday we finally put a baptism date with a guy who has been investigating the church.  He is very interested to learn more and progress. I am grateful for the work I have done here and can't wait to help more people know the truth. It's not easy but it is worth it.

 
Friday we were rejected like crazy it may be tough but I know that all we need to do is keep working it and we will receive blessings. Every time someone slams the door it's a blessing because we are here just to invite and not force.  Sunday we found out that our investigator family is progressing like crazy. It's awesome to see their lives change. 


Elder Gurr

No comments:

Post a Comment