Sunday, May 18, 2014


3/10/14 March 10th Elder Gurr

 Hello family,

I have now been in this country for over a year and I still feel like I just got here.  Here is a little bit of what happened this week.  Well a few things that were awesome that happened this week is we found a new family that seems very positive and we hope to get them to start to go to church and it was awesome.  I feel like they can really progress.  One of our investigators came to church again and the best part ever he dropped coffee completely.  I was so excited to hear that.  He has a date for next week, he will be the first person I baptized from going contacting and baptizing him.  He is a good spirit and had a tough time with just coffee but now we can get him baptized the 15 or 16 of March depending on which day he attends church.  

Also the baptism from a week or so ago, Abraham, well he has the Aaronic Priesthood and he is still happy attending church.  It is so good to see others progress and continue to progress.  

This Saturday we went by a family that has investigated the church since the start of January and I went with a zone leader to help us get to a baptism date and convince them to go to church.  The mom knows everything is true only she needs to go to church but the problem is her husband.  He acts like he has things to do but he doesn't have work Sunday and they are legally married.  It's tough.  They accepted the last month of March but they did not attend church. It's hard sometimes on a mission but as long as we continue to work hard and fight to the end we will be blessed.  They may not get baptized this change or next but I hope eventually they do.  It would be really sad to see them not finish and get baptized.  Only one of them was baptized as a baby and the other not even. The woman wants to but she needs to have church attendance to prove so.

This is what  happened this week and I hope to continue to work hard and get more done here.  I would not be happy if I left this change.  There is more to do here.  Well, I will see you later.

Hasta luego!

Elder Gurr

 

No comments:

Post a Comment