Sunday, May 18, 2014


3/31/14 March 24th Elder Gurr

Hello family,

We finally had a family in the church this Sunday.  We also found a part member family through a member of the ward.  Some of the members of the family would like to be baptized so we started teaching them the discussions.  Our families we found this week didn't go to church but I was at least happy to see one.  I am grateful that me and my companion are having success.  We are working hard getting rejected like no one else but that's just cause Satan is tempting them.  I am happy to be in this area and also we are moving.  There is a possibility that we might get a stove and washer.  The landlord said she might leave them there because she trusts us.  YES!  

The week was finding like usual. Wednesday was a weird day.  We got a random bus ride from someone and then we met a new guy who actually gave us coffee and it was crazy.  My companion was funny as well because he kept saying he was hungry even when he ate a big meal. We had one crazy day.

I read a scripture the other day and I thought it was cool 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."  It's time for me to be a man is what I interpret.  I love it and I hope I have worked hard to find the people I was meant to find.  

Oh just as a side note chickens here sleep on top of trees or roofs.  Its really weird.  Maybe I can take a shot of it one day.  

Sunday was crazy because we decided to contact crazy like Abinadi, and then when we finished the last door we contacted there was this guy's name, Abinadi.  It to us was like whoa are you a member?  He said yes, he was just less active.  It was super cool because if we can pass by more we could baptize his wife but we will see.  Seemed positive over the door. God works in mysterious ways he loves us and he is our heavenly father.  Love you all so very much.

Elder Gurr

 

No comments:

Post a Comment