Sunday, February 23, 2014


12/16/13 December 16th Elder Gurr

Hello Family,

Guess what, I had a wonderful experience this week.  The less-active family that has two daughters, well we put a date with them December 25 so this is going to be an awesome Christmas.  We are going to help them get to this baptism.  Our main focus is on these two and also finding new people because people are disappearing during the holidays.  I think because a lot of people want to visit people in the United States.  Almost everyone has some relatives in the United states.  Almost all of them can't speak English.  It's been a tough week because not too many people are here right now.  

We found a person from another religion and we told her about our church.  She said she was close to leadership in her church but loved to hear more about our beliefs.  She had a ton of questions about the Bible.  You could say she was seeing how much we really new.  Luckily I felt that I needed to read the Bible a little more and I read all the way through Mathew.  I like reading about Christ's life.  It is very powerful.  She tried to see my knowledge of the Bible and because I studied it before I was able to answer every question with my companion and she said she could feel something different and felt like what we were saying was true.  If she decides to investigate the church then she might help her husband who has no church but only wants to listen about the church.

The thing I learned is you won't get anywhere if you don't put the work to it.  James 2:17 says faith without works is dead.  You can see progress on the mission when the investigators put their part in.  I testify that the church is true and that God tests our faith and if we work hard we can see miracles.

Love you all.


Elder Gurr

No comments:

Post a Comment